Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Survival and Smoke....


With a strike of the match,
I light that very essence of my survival...

Salvation and Sanity....
Blossoms in my chest again.
It sparks in its fake aggression,
And I drag it to ash.

Pride begone and pride restored.

I gaze at that floating blanket of life...
As it snakes from my mouth to my nostrils.
Only to mate with the air. .

Leaving flavours of emotions on my lips.
I lust for that kiss of death.
Yet I kiss it again.

So I hum the obsequies
For the peace of my soul.

Let the nicotine play its arrogance on its traces.
As it lets its body burn to death.
For the rebirth of me.

5 comments:

Paras said...

brilliant!
u write so well that i can feel each and every word of it. Very well expressed

Anonymous said...

your really good

Anonymous said...

i really like this poem

Amit Kumar Das said...

these essense of life, let go the gaged emotions, lightning the obscure night, as u ponder on life's futile things, senses stripped, u lay there stark naked..shamelessly...but the time burns on leaving u once again to put up the makeup which never stays on.......u r awesome!!!keep walking

Unknown said...

thanks a ton amit...and i can say the same for u...ur words are amazing man..shud get some influence...watsay..???